market-farming - Re: Product Liability

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Katherine Kelly" <fullcirclefarm AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Product Liability
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 19:27:47 -0600

Let me kick in with more insurance woes.  We rent 2 plus acres in town from a non-profit agency; we farm on the land, share the building and the greenhouse with the agency.  I've called numerous insurance agents trying to find some kind of coverage for basic liability and for processed goods.  They all tell me, "I don't think there is much of a market for this kind of a policy, but let me shop around" and then I never have heard back from any of them!  We are a market farm, selling through a CSA and a farmer's market, we are supporting 2+ people on our income, but we can't even get straightforward business insurance somehow!  It makes me crazy.

Katherine Kelly

Full Circle Farm
Kansas City, KS
http://www.fullcirclefarmkc.com