market-farming - Re: gmo poll

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: gmo poll
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:23:41 -0600

That's true, Phil - glad you pointed it out.  If you ever check out the top seed companies, you will be floored by how few own how large a percentage of total seeds, and what their corporate connections are.  Pretty sad, but not too different from the rest of the transnational large corporate tentacles.

I hope people are calling their Senators to urge them to vote against Fast Track, speaking of corporate tentacles.  The future of farming, the jobs that you depend upon to support your farming/marketing habit, the future of water, and the price and quality of food that you eat would all be affected by Fast Track, or Trade Promotion Authority for FTAA.  If anyone wants an explanation of how that works, let me know.

                                Jill, Wi
You forgot to check the ownership, the chemical companies own the seed companies thet sell the GMO products.

Phil from Iowa

  • gmo poll, Michaele Blakely, 01/28/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: gmo poll, Mmneedham, 01/28/2002
    • Re: gmo poll, HackettShark, 01/29/2002
    • Re: gmo poll, Jill Taylor Bussiere, 01/29/2002
    • Re: gmo poll, Michaele Blakely, 01/29/2002