market-farming - Re: Organic Food Chain Store

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Organic Food Chain Store
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:17:22 -0600

Dorene,

an interesting post. A couple of years ago I was working in Greenwhich, CT
where I was told the average for a house sold in the previous year was $1.5
mil. My oh my.

The had a Fresh Fields and I meant to go there to see what they offered but
they were closed when I finished working. However, the next day I went to
their farmers' market. Not a lot of vendors and not as well organized as
our market, but how interesting it was. I was staying in a hotel but I
bought a bunch of stuff. Talked to the growers. What a treat that was.

You know, there is something to be said about being able to know who grows
your food.
No doubt about it and no matter where you are.

Del Williams
Farmer in the "Del"
Clifton IL