market-farming - Re: finding farmer's markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: finding farmer's markets
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:52:07 EST

In a message dated 12/27/01 6:45:15 PM Central Standard Time, jgj23 AT mindspring.com writes:

Find a market with a good location and high traffic

One thing that Jay left out is find a market that has good management, I mean not managed by another Vendor, these markets tend to be too much to their favor as far as were you are allowed to sell at , and other considerations.  I was in a market this last summer that was set up so only two of the venders really had any traffic, the rest of us vendors were a long ways to walk for the customers, so needless to say they would go the these two guys and go back to thier cars.  And by the way we were paying the same fee's.  This creates a lot of problems.  They only was allowing in other venders so they could have enought vendors in their market to accept WIC checks (min of 5 vendors).

Phil from Iowa