market-farming - A New Name: The Food Trust

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: MariavHM AT aol.com
  • To: sanet-mg AT sare.org, market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: A New Name: The Food Trust
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 08:41:45 EST

Philadelphia fireworks at 12 midnight, December 31 will herald a new decade
for the Farmers' Market Trust, and launch a new name, "The Food Trust."

This new identity will celebrate ten years of great achievements. First
called Reading Terminal Farmers' Market Trust, and then Farmers' Market
Trust, our new name - The Food Trust - best reflects the Trust's expanded
mission, "to ensure that everyone has access to affordable, nutritious
food."

From its founding, the Trust has responded to the problems of malnutrition
and the lack of affordable food in inner-city communities. Many in our midst
are suffering because they cannot find good food where they live.
Malnutrition and diet-related disease have reached epidemic proportions in
inner-city America.

We envision communities where children grow up healthy, educated about food
and their environment. We envision communities that have high quality food
markets, nutrition education in schools, and flourishing farms. We envision
communities where everyone, regardless of income, has access to affordable,
nutritious food.

I wish you a very happy and healthy New Year.

Duane

PS: Please let me know if you would like more information about our new
name and programs.

Duane Perry
The Food Trust
Future of Our Food and Farms Summit