market-farming - Re: Looking for partners

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Don George" <dag AT efn.org>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Looking for partners
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 21:49:05 -0800

Greetings all, could I post this again? I'm afraid the original implied
that a share would cost $300k!

Pollo Verde, a 103 acre certified organic farm 17 miles southwest of
Eugene, Oregon, is looking for one to three new partners. We have owned
this place free and clear for over ten years. There are about 30 tillable
acres and about 70 acres of forest. There are 2 legal homesites, which is
rare find what with Oregon's land use laws (and thank goodness for those
laws). We have 2 year 'round springs and a year 'round creek. We are
just
finishing up our conversion from a limited partnership, to an L.L.C. There
are currently only 4 partners and only 1, with her family, lives on the
farm. She has been growing for, and managing, a stand in a nearby town.
The farm is appraised by the county at a little over $300k. We have
roughly
tied the buy-in and buy-out price to appraised value; i.e. our 4 shares are
worth $75k ea, if we add 1 more member, each would cost $60k, add one more
and the cost would be $50k, etc. We are open to negotiations regarding time
payments if necessary. Experience the pleasure of helping to start a
community and enterprises pretty much from the ground floor. Email me if
interested.
Don George
dag AT efn.org

  • Re: Looking for partners, Don George, 12/07/2001