market-farming - RE: Hoophouses

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jeffery uhlig <juhlig AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Hoophouses
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 17:52:01 -0600

Hey Bill,
How are you doing? Well we have another season under our belts (number 5)
srtill have 200 heads of lettuce in my greenhouse hydroponic system. The
weather
has cooperated well this fall.I do not remove the snow either it warms up
enough
to let the slope of the house take care if it all by itself. I'm putting up a
wind turbine this spring and solar next fall. I'm going to try heating the
greenhouse from these renewable sources and see what happens. Jeff Uhlig