market-farming - Cedar Apple Rust

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT snip.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Cedar Apple Rust
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 14:14:43 -0500

Hi, Folks!

It appears that my quince tree (!!!) had cedar apple rust this year (and
they are supposed to be so disease resistant!) Anyone have any organic
suggestions to cure the tree and keep the fungus from spreading to my other
fruit trees? I've been trashing the leaves and I planted Wild Cyperiot
Garlic around the base of the tree -- that stuff is *strong* and I thought
might help "fumigate" naturally, but I'm sure more drastic measures are
necessary. . .

Thanks!

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of