market-farming - Re: Irradiated mail and seeds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Johnston Jr." <rob AT johnnyseeds.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Irradiated mail and seeds
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:02:26 -0500

> I wonder what the seed companies (not just organic) are doing about
> this. It should concern them greatly.

Our Quality Assurance Manager, Norma Rossel, is investigating the ins and
outs of this potential issue. No irradiating is happening yet. Our USPS rep
are telling us not to worry, that they won't be zapping our seed shipments.
Same word from the private carriers, UPS, Fed-X, etc.

Rob Johnston Jr.
Johnny's Selected Seeds