market-farming - Re: Where is everyone/cover crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: MMQuiteCon AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Where is everyone/cover crops
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 04:20:31 EST

Hi Lucy,
What type of mustard do you grow? Is it the variety that can be made
into the condiment, when it goes to seed? Is it too late to plant? I am in
zone 5, northwest Indiana.
I managed to plant buckwheat throughout the season after things were
harvested. But, have never managed to plant a winter cover. I have just
left crops and heavy mulch. I have a little time now and the weather is to be
above freezing for the next week or so. Would just need to find seed?
thank you for your info,
Mary