market-farming - Re: Where is everyone

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mckemie AT inetport.com
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Where is everyone
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 20:27:56 -0500

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 06:26:54PM -0400, HackettShark AT aol.com wrote:
> Did I get dropped off the list???????? Everyone can't be that busy. I'm
> working on getting gardens tilled up and seeded to Winter Rye at the
> present.
> It got down to 19 here last night so I guess I'm done for sure now. Is

Here in central Texas, we had a risk of frost a little over a week ago,
but missed it. Balmy weather for the foreseeable future, lows in the
50s, highs in the 70s or 80s, though we got up to 92 a few days ago.
Fall tomatoes are just starting as are green beans. Still picking okra.
Squash, cucumbers, southern peas, greens, persimmons, pecans, and a few
melons are in the markets. Planting spinach and carrots. We expect a
freeze in the next month or maybe two. Farmers markets are horribly
slow.

--
Willie Onward! Through the Fog! http://austinfarm.org/homegrown
Are YOU a html abuser? http://www.firstbite.co.nz/training/easemail