market-farming - Re: Possible Farm Action Item

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: marc AT aculink.net
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Possible Farm Action Item
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:28:15 -0600

I received this on another news group
Please research and do what you think is best.

Disastrous Farm Bill Could Come Up for Vote by House of
Representatives as
Early as Wednesday, October 3rd potentially setting
agriculture policy for the next ten years!

ACTION NEEDED TODAY

Please tell your Representative to vote NO on the
Combest-Stenholm Farm
Bill (H.R. 2646)

The Capitol Switchboard number is 202-224-3121. Ask for your
Representative
by name and they will connect you. Ask to speak with the
legislative aide
who handles agriculture. If you get voice mail, leave a
short message
and/or ask to be called back.

H.R. 2646 does not serve our national interest because:
It continues FAILED FARM PROGRAMS that are expensive and
just don't work.

It FAILS to encourage conservation practices on the farm and
ranch.

It FAILS to promote rural development that strengthens
agricultural
communities.

It FAILS to improve competition and fairness in the domestic
agricultural
marketplace.
In addition:

H.R. 2646 would subsidize huge factory farms. EQIP (the
Environmental
Quality Incentives Program) would be turned into a program
that funds
large-scale confined animal feeding operations for cleaning
up their messes.

H.R. 2646 would increase subsidies to the nation's largest
farms.

There are many more problems with HR 2646. For our detailed
critique, visit
our website at www.sustainableagriculture.net. You can see
the bill at
www.agriculture.house.gov/farmbill.htm.

Thank you for your quick response!

  • Re: Possible Farm Action Item, marc, 09/30/2001