market-farming - Pepper eating deer!!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: MMQuiteCon AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Pepper eating deer!!
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 21:05:28 EDT

Hi,
      I am amazed at what variety they ate this year.  I grew 21 different types.  Hot in one area and mild sweet in another, just for clarification.  The dear deer decided to eat the Nippon Taka Thai.  Skipped the others.  Ate the top of the plants and the peppers off the plant.  Another amazing fact of their selection is that I planted an extra plant of this variety in a different part of the garden and they found it there!
      The plants were planted behind a tightly woven wire fence to prevent the rabbits from snipping.  Deer tracks were next to the fence.  The deer did this last year to my Brandywine tomatoes.
      Neighbor said they were migrant deer.
That's all the damage this year from deer.
good harvest of peppers though
Mary Mary

  • Pepper eating deer!!, MMQuiteCon, 09/22/2001