market-farming - Irregularities: Survey in progress - Your input requested

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lion Kuntz" <lionkuntz AT email.com>
  • To: Vint Lawrence <vlawrence AT nets.com>, mckemie AT inetport.com, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Irregularities: Survey in progress - Your input requested
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 01:00:34 +0800

It must have been a temporary glitch on the system. I just logged on minutes
ago.

This is cut & pasted from the browser address bar, assuring correct spelling:
http://lionkuntz.mybravenet.com/survey01.htm

Current stats show 28 visits, 3 new submissions for current total of 6
answerers.

Thanks to those who tried, thanks to those who responded. Although the number
of answerers is low, there is still information of value obtained. I would
not have guessed that out of 30 crops Asparagus would be considered the
highest value one, but one answerer said so. Two said basil was their highest
value crop, which considering the long harvest season and the high prices for
the popular herb, makes sense if you have the market for it.

Although every area of the USA has experienced partial or total season
droughts within the past ten years, several answerers are taking their
chances or using higher cost (energy costs and aquafier depletion costs) in
watering systems other than drip systems, and have no plans to change.

The nice thing about a totally anonymous survey is that people do not have to
posture and give the answers they thing they "ought to say" and can tell it
like it is without personal concern about how their answer looks to others.
But I only have found one webhost system which can accomodate the web form
questionaire, and they are having technical difficulties this week. I have
not been able to modify some pages or upload revisions to other pages this
weekend.

Intermitant problems have not stopped some people from getting through, and
some of them succeeded in submitting the form.

Although I have no control over the bravenet.com system, I apologize to those
inconvenienced from my invitation to use their service through my webpage.

Sincerely, Lion Kuntz
Tenino, Washington, USA.