market-farming - Re: Small farm internet useage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cathy mcgregor-smith <mcsmiths AT elgin.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Small farm internet useage
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 21:28:48 -0400

hello eric
we have enjoyed your books in the past ...looking forward to new topic.

we have been full time organic farmers for 15 years now........we have had to
diversify greatly in order to make farming work profitably........now we are
trying to down size the labour part as we are reaching middle age.

we have been fortunate to have the organic land base to get into processing
vegetable contracts for baby food companies and freezing companies.

check out our web site www.mcsmiths.on.ca

bye for now cathy mcgregor-smith
mcsmiths organic farm
st thomas ontario canada

Eric Gibson wrote:

> Listmates:
>
> I am working on a new book, “Grower’s Guide to the Internet” and would
> appreciate any contacts (emails, url’s, phone #'s) of anyone using the
> internet in the small farm/sustainable arena in a successful or unique way:
>
> • Production or marketing research;
> • Marketing (farmers’ markets, roadside markets, PYO’s, CSA’s, mail order,
> selling to restaurants or grocery stores, home delivery, etc.
>
> Please email me, eric AT nwpub.net
>
> Thanks very much,
> Eric Gibson
> Publisher/Co-Author “The New Farmers’ Market” & “Sell What You Sow!”
> www.nwpub.net
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to as: mcsmiths AT elgin.net
> leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

  • Small farm internet useage, Eric Gibson, 08/19/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Small farm internet useage, cathy mcgregor-smith, 08/21/2001