market-farming - Re: Garden Huckleberry: They're ripe -- now what? ;-)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Aozotorp AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Garden Huckleberry: They're ripe -- now what? ;-)
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:26:32 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/01 3:47:03 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
joan AT windwalker-farm.com writes:

<< Dorene - have yours turned dull instead of shiny? According to the SSE
catalog that's the ripe stage - mine seem to be staying very shiny and I
have tons of them on five bushes that I finally trellised before they took
over the rest of the area. The SSE catalog says they are a satisfactory
substitute for blueberries in pies, etc. Supposedly the sugar brings out a
flavor - I've eaten a few but don't seem to find a flavor - yet!

joan
windwalker farm
ottawa, kansas

Seems to be a lot of products for it! Do rmember the Jam was very good!

http://www.avalonwine.com/huckleberry.htm