market-farming - sunflowers and NOT squirrels??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "nan and stewart" <stewart AT watervalley.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: sunflowers and NOT squirrels??
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 06:14:15 -0500

Nope, i don't think it's the squirrels...in part because the head is still on, all dead, hanging by just a thread, it is only one head among many (small) heads - these are relatively small sunflower plants (maybe 2-3 ft. with multiple heads)

could a leafhopper or grasshopper be chewing thru?

our dogs and cats hang out just around garden fencing - we have never even SEEN a squirrel in the four years we have been here.....

more weird things happen to my plants here in mississippi than in new england, that's for sure!

nan j.
dancing goats farm
mississippi zone 7b