market-farming - Re: Perforated Bags for Lettuce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mckemie AT inetport.com
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Perforated Bags for Lettuce
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:37:49 -0500

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 09:22:11AM -0500, Del Williams wrote:
> I am looking for a source of perforated plastic bags for lettuces (kind of
> like
> the type the grocery puts grapes into.

They are not the same, and probably more expensive, but I have been
using mesh bags fro PolyNet. polynetinc AT aol.com. About $.04 each.
There is another supplier "Pacon" or something like that. I got no
response from info AT paconmfg.com, as I recall. This year, for the first
time, I have been using the mesh bags for tomatoes, potatoes, peaches,
peppers, and okra; I am well pleased. At farmers markets, it
eliminates the basket switching problem, allows consumers a good view
of the product, and makes things go faster.

--
Onward! Through the Fog!
Willie