market-farming - Yellow margined leaf beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "gutierrez-lagatta" <gutierrez-lagatta AT home.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Yellow margined leaf beetles
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 06:01:29 -0500

Yes, it is always something. I'm battling Yellow Margined Leaf
Beetles here in tropical Alabama. They have destroyed my watercress
and are threatening to move in on my other herbs and greens. Add a
dose of Armyworm and I'm having lots of fun. Does anybody have any
experience with these beetles? I've done one application of Neem with
no apparent impact. Followed up yesterday with the pickling lime
spray. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Adriana Gutierrez
Green Cuisine
Birmingham, AL

> day when i check..weird.....leaves are unaffected as are the rest of
the =
> heads on a plant, just wondering, it is always something here in the
=
> tropics!

  • Yellow margined leaf beetles, gutierrez-lagatta, 06/29/2001