market-farming - Re: Harvesting garlic. . .

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kevin Ancell" <kancell AT goodearthgardens.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Harvesting garlic. . .
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 05:42:05 -0500

You can purchase a pull-type potato picker very inexpensively that will do
the trick. Potato harvesters will dig the bulb out and lay it on the ground
in a row. They are VERY cheap as most farmers have gone to an all in one,
multi-row harvesters these days.

I found one a couple of years ago for $300 in perfect condition.

Regards,

Kevin