market-farming - Re: organic amendments - food for thought

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: organic amendments - food for thought
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:14:30 -0400

Greensand marl is a common material in the soils I farm and most of the stuff
you buy is mined from my area of South Jersey, towns here bare the names of
Marl ton and Marl boro
Soils regularly test high to very high for potassium but keep in mind
greensand been here since forever, if nothing else its a good loosener and
very good in seedling mixes as a replacement for common sand...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

> I have just read ATTRA's publications on organic soil amendments...I happen
> to trust these guys ALOT when it comes to these topics.....I was so
> surprised to read their assessment of greensand (not worth it at all as an
> amendment
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/