market-farming - RE: motivation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kane, Tracy" <TKane AT peacehealth.org>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: motivation
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:19:44 -0700

Title: RE: [market-farming] motivation

Hi Liz, I'm a nurse, so "taking care" comes easily, but also with a price; the healing of the gardening is what inspired me most, and then the idea of getting to know my neighbors in the new town we moved to has encouraged me. My husband worked as a fisherman and couldn't wait to get back to the land-ha ha..Our land is almost 10 acres, with an old apple orchard, and a new pear/plum/peach/fig/persimmon/cherry etc orchard, and then we "farm" about an acre..Did we make any money doing this and selling at the local farmers market? No, but it's a lifestyle that we love, and do together, so the rewards are worth all the hard work, and besides, we eat really well. Happy gardening, Tracy