market-farming - Virtual Farmers Markets???

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allison Brown <[redacted]@yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Virtual Farmers Markets???
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 08:40:25 -0700 (PDT)

I am presenting a paper on Virtual Farmers Markets at
the annual meeting of the American Society for
Horticultural Science at the end of July. My talk will
be on the potential use of the internet to first
supplement or replace face-to-face direct marketing.

I would be interested in hearing stories about
successful and unsuccessful ventures into
cyberretailing.

I am also interested in reactions to the following
statement:

"If a good management model for VFMs can be developed,
one which is easy to use and profitable, increasing
numbers of growers may find that they prefer not to
leave their farms to attend physical farmers markets
any longer."

If you have a story to tell, you can send it to me on
this email address or post it for the group to see. I
will respect the privacy of anyone who writes to me
direct unless you tell me that I may use your name. It
would help if you would mention your state/province in
the message and include whativer description of your
operation you feel comfortable in providing.

Thanks,

Allison Brown