market-farming - Who's markets Doesn't allow reselling? I Need to Know ASAP

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Owsley <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Who's markets Doesn't allow reselling? I Need to Know ASAP
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:43:35 -0400

ASAP Like before 11 am Friday (Tomorrow). Been busy or would have
remembered to post this a week ago.

I have a farmer's market meeting to go to. the old manager has almost
quit and me and a few other are trying to take over by forming a board.
The old manager still wants control and thinks reselling is the way to
go. I said I would come up with a list of successful Farmer's markets
that do not allow reselling. So far I know of a few local ones and have
3 markets on the list. I would LOVE to have more ammo for this.

Any quotes as to why reselling is bad would be nice also

I have been up most of the night with cold day old chicks short one
light (there is 100 of 'em) trying to get a broody hen to accept some of
them. did not work so went out and got another light (we had breakage
when all stores were closed) this morning and now the peeps are happy
and warm again. Nothing like a little stress to make one feel just
lovely all day ;-)

TIA

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong

Voltaire (1694-1778)