market-farming - Re: Insecticidal soap spray

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alex McGregor <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Insecticidal soap spray
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:16:31 -0400

I've used Safers for years- same bottle, before it was bought and
contamination
started showing up. Another grower told me she used Murphy's Oil Soap and
that
it didn't damage plants if diluted and applied properly.

For cabbage & broccoli, I use lightweight floating row cover as a barrier to
exclude the moths who lay the eggs that become the worms. I protect the
plants
from planting in flats to harvest. I remove the row cover only to check the
soil moisture and weed.

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm