market-farming - Re:heating a small greenhouse w/ a Vornado

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: David King <greenman AT ucla.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re:heating a small greenhouse w/ a Vornado
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:37:05 -0800

I use one of these in my home. It is grounded and it is everything the
company
advertises - although I often feel the heat coming off it and think, "this
isn't
hot!" but invariably it manages to heat a whole 20x20 room with little
problem.
(Those who know I am in Southern California may scoff - but, these homes here
have no insulation at all, so heating a 20x20 room that the breeze fairly
flows
through and no insulation in 40° weather compares well.) I happened to notice
that in the new Amazon.com outlet store you can get these little gang-busters
for under $40 (rebuilt)... I paid almost $70 for mine and believe it to be
worth every penny.

I am not affiliated with either Amazon or Vornado, although I might consider
buying stock in the latter. :-)

david

"Julie M. Willingham" wrote:

> We heat it with a Vornado electric heater,
> which is really meant for indoor heating. It has a rheostat temperature
> control and 2 fan speeds, and works really well because it sends out a
> vortex of air. I don't remember if the Vornado has a grounded plug or not,
> but we have it on a 10 ft. grounded extension cord to a grounded outlet by
> the back porch.

  • Re:heating a small greenhouse w/ a Vornado, David King, 03/28/2001