market-farming - Re: market-farming OT Terminology Request

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dori Green" <dorigreen00 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: market-farming OT Terminology Request
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 01:08:32 -0500

Picky, maybe, but I'm going to ask anyway -- because our language drives our thinking, would people please stop using the phrase "rule of thumb"?

It refers to an archaic British law referring to the size of the stick with which it was permissible for a man to beat his wife.

Now that we have supposedly evolved beyond such thinking, let's have our language keep up with our evolution. Which our battery survivor shelters show to be not as advanced as we might like it to be.

Dori Green
Ash Grove Community Farm & Center for Sustainable Living
Corning, NY