market-farming - SARE programs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "nan and stewart" <stewart AT watervalley.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: SARE programs
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:08:54 -0500

Yes, SARE is alive and well, and looking for producer (i.e. farmer) grants  -

SARE stands for Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (the teeny tiny branch of USDA that actually does good stuff!)  (they on on the web and each region has its own office/ grant program....you can get the year's summary of all the farmer grants given in your region....very helpful and fascinating, give name and contact info and a one page description of the experiment......and you are welcome to call any particular farmer to get lots more info....these growers and farmers have already agreed to help folks who call them, once they get the SARE money that is part of the deal)

I for one am kinda tired of all the "university" research that never filters down to real life - either they don't make it available (I have been calling for months my land grant for info....nothing yet) or it is written so scientifically that even as a college graduate it is not very helpful to me, and the applications are often not "real life".........

  • SARE programs, nan and stewart, 02/01/2001