market-farming - Re: National Organic Program "Final Rule"

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman-Owsley <goodows AT excite.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: National Organic Program "Final Rule"
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:48:42 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000 07:25:31 -0600, market farming wrote:

> I think they mean you can't call something ("modify" it, as in an
adjective) organic if it's say, plastic row crop cover. Can't call it
"organic" cover.

it contains organic ingredients. for example a product that has only 50% of
the ingreds cert. organic cannot call itself organic but can say there are
organic ingreds in the product. So a violation would be calling a salsa
organic because it has cert organic peppers in it but the tomatoes are not
cert. organic.

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt CSA
New Paris, OH