market-farming - CSA prices was Re: market-farming Clarification

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David & Crystal" <consalvi AT midmaine.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: CSA prices was Re: market-farming Clarification
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:00:16 -0500

We are a small (very small) scale organic (not certified) CSA farm in the
far remote regions of Maine. The reason I add that is that it's important
because the nearest city with yuppies to pay top dollar for our produce is
about 3 to 4 hours away. Anyway, we will be charging $190 for approximately
2 1/2 gallons of veggies and eggs from July 1st through our first killing
frost (this past year it was the very beginning of October). That's
approximately 14 weeks.

~Crystal In Maine, whose membership letter just went into the mail today --
whew!

  • CSA prices was Re: market-farming Clarification, David & Crystal, 11/15/2000