market-farming - Re: market-farming Summit

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dawn M. Ripley" <ripley AT iglou.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming Summit
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:34:35 -0500

>Nice try, guys, but there's a big, big audience you're missing because you
>keep insisting on putting these things out there on weekdays so that
>extension people don't have to be paid overtime for weekend work. How about
>giving them a day off during the week and offering something like this on a
>Saturday and Sunday so that the many working farmers can attend?

Dori:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. But as one of those "Extension people"
that gets regularly lambasted on this list, I can assure you that we often
work weekends--in fact, more often than not--and we certainly aren't paid
overtime for our efforts, at least not in Kentucky where I'm an agent.

Dawn

Dawn M. Ripley
Holdfast Farm
5561 Budd Road