market-farming - Re: Book on lettuces/greens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Book on lettuces/greens
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 20:01:19 -0400

Mike, most good seed catalogs have some very good basic info to get you
started, a very
good book is Knotts Handbook for Vegetable Growers, most states with a large
vegetable
industry publish a manual thats updated each year about vegetable growing,
here in NJ we
have a very good manual called Commercial Vegetable Production
Recommendations you can
contact any of our county extension offices for details, finally you can
subscribe to
American Vegetable Grower magazine.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.