market-farming - Greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kathy Somers" <SomersFarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Greenhouse
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:11:10 -0400

I came across a web site selling hobby greenhouses, and using a corrogated plastic to cover them with.  Compared to poly, glass, lexan etc:  it seems according to them to have a better heat retention factor.  Has any one ever used this stuff.  It comes in rolls and also in sheets.  If we definately decide to do tomatoes, peppers etc:  we will need to heat the greenhouse.  March is likely to bring zero degree nights in our area.

I did order Secrets to a Successful Greenhouse and Business by TM Taylor.  This is an excellent book and the plans for the greenhouse are very good.  Lots of good information.

Thank you again for all of the help you all are offering.  I really appreciate it.
Kathy in Vermont

  • Greenhouse, Kathy Somers, 09/26/2000