market-farming - Re: market-farming digest: September 11, 2000

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming digest: September 11, 2000
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:32:38 -0700

Yikes thats a good one. First go to your nearest farm stand and grocery
store and see what the going rate is. The grocery store will be cheaper.
Charge the same or a tiny bit less than nearest farm stand. In our area
central Massachsetts Pumpkins have been about $.39 a pound at most farm
stands I don't really remember but the grocery store was $.25-.30lb. Corn
stalks are about $3-4 a bunch with a bunch being 6 ish stalks. I was
visiting my friend in the Seattle area one autumn with in the past two years
and pumpkins were $.25lb. I was amazed, while my area is fairly affluent I
think her area is more affluent and pumpkins were cheaper. More supply?
Good luck people tend to pay more for the decorative stuff than the edible.
Beth

> what is a good price to charge for pumpkins and corn stalks?
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: guldann AT ix.netcom.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')