market-farming - Re: Melons, keeping the heat up. Comments ?????

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Melons, keeping the heat up. Comments ?????
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 01:35:29 -0400

Why would you even want to create a condition that produces 105 deg.around
here if the temps
exceed 95 deg pepper blossoms fall off and peppers simply don't grow, the
same can be said for
melons thats why some folks use white plastic in mid season, you would have
to live in a mighty
cool climate to benefit from season long covers, besides you still need a way
for bees to easily
get to the blossoms, the only advantage to peppers is protection from
cornborer which is very
serious around here at this time and the coming week.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.