market-farming - Re: (fwd) Re: Is there anybody there?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: (fwd) Re: Is there anybody there?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:42:35 EDT

Boy can I ever relate to this. We started in 1980 growing organic vegetables
but found out the farmers that were my friends for manny a year would no
longer speak to me. Now I ffarm in southwestern Iowa in the middle of corn
and soybean belt and nothing else except lots of chemicals. We have not
been able to get certified because of all the drift , even though we use on
chemicals, so all I can do at the market is advertise as chemical free, not
organic. I have spent a lot of time and money trying to get certification
with no luck at all. Its too bad people won't let people do on their own
farms what they want, as long as legal, and keep their noses out of other
people. O' by the way I have 4 deer about 10 feet from were I'm sitting
feeding on some of my lettuce, better go say shooo to them
. Homeside farm Market & Greenhouses Phil Hackett Carson, Iowa