market-farming - Re:strawberries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ellen Rainwalker" <rainwalk AT mars.ark.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re:strawberries
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 08:07:08 -0700

One reason your strawberries might not be keeping is because you are
picking them into large (you said 1 gallon) containers. Try picking them
into smaller, shallow boxes so that the weight of the ones above don't
crush and damage the ones below. You may also be picking them just a little
too ripe so that they are very soft and easily damaged. Also try picking
them when the dew has dried off them so they aren't wet when they go into
the boxes.

(I don't write often but I read the list every day)

Ellen Rainwalker
Vancouver Island

  • Re:strawberries, Ellen Rainwalker, 05/30/2000