market-farming - Squash Flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman-Owsley <goodows AT excite.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Squash Flowers
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 05:09:20 -0700 (PDT)

I have a chef who wants to buy squash flowers from us. We have lots of
summer squashes about ready to go into flower and I know that I should take
only the male flowers. what I don't know is what to charge (by the piece or
by weight?) and how to prep them for sale (precooling or not)

Had our first market yesterday. It was slow but not bad considering we had
to move the operations across the street due to a massive constuction
project on the park that was our home

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt CSA
New Paris, OH