market-farming - Germplasm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal AT iname.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Germplasm
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:8:48

I was going to put this in the previous message regarding grants and
funds.

The Agricultural Research Service collects germplasm (seeds) to maintain an
ever available source of seeds. They keep a collection which is freely
distributed through the National Plant Germplasm System for educational,
agricultural research, or breeding purposes. ARS also has a site on
livestock and poultry, but I'm afraid to look.

Just Monday I received 7 packets of Parthenium argentatum for a plant latex
research project that I'm involved in. All you have to do is request the
germplasm and it is sent to you at no charge!

Everyone of you educates, performs daily ag research and some of you breed,
so everyone of you can obtain germplasm. Go to the following website,
check out the germplasm collections, make your choices (write them down, as
you have to fill in a blank form) then fill out your request form right
over the net.

www.ars.grin.gov

Let me know what your going to do with your seed, I'd love to hear about it
even if your just cultivating, and please, when any of you receive your
grant, funds or cost-shares and incentives, share your experience with the
rest of the mail list. It will only further the dream of those future
farmers out there that will be looking to us to blaze the trail. And maybe
make it a little easier for those that don't have the patience to deal with
some of the paperwork and searches.

Blessings,
Ava

  • Germplasm, Ava Devenport, 01/29/2024