market-farming - Re: Earthway vs. Humanity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kent A. Priestley" <baldina AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Earthway vs. Humanity
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 09:20:54 -0500

Does anyone remember the "artist's rendering" of Eliot Coleman pushing
along an Earthway seeder with a positively beatific look on his rendered
face?
It was this sketch and his promotion of "ganged" Earthway seeders that
had me and my wife pushing along four of those clever torture devices (at
once) across our unyielding silt loam last year.
Perhaps it was my own lack of finesse, but the Earthway seeder failed me
on several occasions.

Hey- if anyone wants to take the cussing and fuming to the "next level",
there's instructions in the October 1987 issue of HortScience (Vol.
22(5)) for turning your Earthway seeders into a tractor-mounted
nightmare. You go on without me- I'm just not brave enough.

Kent Priestley
Grandy, NC