market-farming - Re: Flowers for sale!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cappy AT harborside.com
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Flowers for sale!
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:51:39 -0800

Quoting five springs farm <fsfarm AT mufn.org>:

> While we have little to offer for your article, since
we provide our > flowers as part of a CSA share, we
would be interested in seeing what > you come up with .
We publish a newsletter for community supported ag >
farmers and may want to use, with permission, of
course, some of what > you learn about subscription
flowers. Or reprint it (again, assuming > permission).
Let us know

> Thanks
>
> Jim and Jo
> The Community Farm Newsletter
> http://www.mufn.org/public/tcf

column, "Fresh New > Ideas" in the Capital Press
Agriculture Weekly.

> Subscription flowers. We're had some discussion
lately, but mostly > about the flowers you grow.

> I'd like to cover the marketing aspects of the
subject. Any feedback > from you will be greatly
appreciated and happily quoted and written > about in
the column. I'll also send you a copy.

> 1. How's business? Is this niche market working
well for you?
> 2. How did you get into flower selling? How did
you decide to sell
> flowers by subscription?
> 3. What type of marketing do you do? What has
worked best for you?
> 4. What type of commercial businesses are you
selling to - > restaurants, hotels,
> offices, bed & breakfast inns, etc.
> 5. Do you offer a variety of arrangement sizes and
styles?
> 6. Is this your only thing you sell? What do you
do the rest of the > year?

> Thanks so much. Seems the flower business is
really growing. We've > got quite a few flower
businesses coming to our marketing workshop this > week
on March 30th near Portland. Can't wait to chat with
everyone.

> Hope the season is a full bloom success!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Cappy Tosetti on the Oregon coast
>
> www.bumpercropmarketing.com

Hello to you,

Thanks for your note.
I'll be happy to send you a copy of the
article....should be out in a few weeks.

You certainly have a great newsletter!

Sincerely,

Cappy Tosetti