market-farming - Re: Website, links, literature on Remineralization

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dawn M. Ripley" <ripley AT iglou.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Website, links, literature on Remineralization
  • Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 02:09:56 -0500

I usually recommend using Soft Rock Phosphate and Black Rock Phosphate for
two reasons. First, they are a good supply of both Phosphorus and Calcium.
Second, they contain several trace elements which would eliminate small
garden areas (under 1000 sqft.) of trying to put in trace elements and run
into problems with toxicities. The two sources I have named are affordable.
I know Bone Meal has been extremely expensive over the last several years.
I also recommend using Gypsum (CaSO4) for balancing the soil and supplying
Ca and Sulfate. I have recommended the use of Greensand as well, although
if there is a very low level of Potash, I will recommend applying Greensand
with a foliar application of liquid seaweed during the growing season since
Greensand is so slow to react. Again, Greensand carries trace elements and
silicas as well.

Does this answer your question or were you looking for something else?

Peg Cook
Cook's Consulting

pegcook AT northnet.org