market-farming - Re: seeders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: flowers AT rt66.com (Wilderness Flowers)
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: seeders
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:02:16 -0700 (MST)

>what type do u use if you have 5 acres of outdoor planting that is direct &
>mostly small seeds-we have looked at everything from single drive behind
>seeders for tractors to large wide seeders that asre used for cash crops &
>converting them to small seeds

best we've found are planet juniors for everything from spinach to peas
`about $150-250 each used or bargins at $300 for three on a 3 point hitch bar
new 500 each !
can go 9 1/2 "on centers or 5 1/5 if you use on a double bar
if you have the money buy stanhay 840's belt seeders ~800 each but really
save on skips/seed waste and can change seed belt w/o tools really cool

good luck martin

Martin Connaughton
Wilderness Flowers
223 North Guadalupe St. pmb # 159
Santa Fe, NM 87501
zone 3-4-5 depending on mother nature .. zone 5 this year and no snow

5059898337 office
5057578337 farm april/november
5059203421 cell

  • seeders, BHFarm, 01/31/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: seeders, Wilderness Flowers, 01/31/2000