market-farming - Re: marketing study

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: marketing study
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:32:52 -0800

Don, Thank you for that link as well, I just read it. Reoccurring themes
keeps running through some of these studies, female, educated, comfortable
financially, and does not want to be too inconvenienced. That of course it
the "major" customer, everyother person in the country is also a customer
and as one study I read said don't ignore your other customers just be aware
who is the majority.
I am sometimes on the fence as to seasonality. Mostly I like it, I like the
winter off for physically and emotional recharging and for study (reading
and e-mailing :) ). But with winter we will never be able to supply our CSA
or farm stand year round with only products from our garden (disregarding
any fabulous season extenders). So our customers/members go back to the
grocery store. But as I said to hubby maybe this isn't a bad thing maybe
part of the appeal of CSA and farmers markets, farm stands is that they are
a summer treat. Beth