market-farming - Re: Share box size

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Share box size
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 18:35:30 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Elizabeth Henderson wrote:

> Dear Marcie,

> I am bewildered at the abundance of lists. If there is a CSA list on
> prairienet, why start another one! Let's all work together!
> Elizabeth

Because csa-l unsubscribed everyone on the list for maintenance or
whatever. I resubscribed to find that it does not seem to be active.
My test post there is the only message I have seen since I resubscribed.
I will probably unsubscribe.

Admittedly I acted to start this list at the opportune time. So be it.
The list will remain and flourish, hopefully. We have a good beginning
with 40 subscribers as of this moment.

The CSA-L list was/is one of the single best resources for market and csa
farmers ever to exist on the Web. This momentum needs to continue
regardless of which list it happens on. I hope we agree about this.

One of the reasons the csa-l list unsubscribed everyone was various
unproductive threads and invalid email addresses for subscribers.
The MetaLab Lyris CSA list has automated, unattended, built-in email
address checking - users are automatically unsubscribed if mail sent to
their ID bouces for X number (configurable) days. It is much easier to
administer, has more user and admin options and features and is accessable
by email, news and the Web instead of just by email.

I hope you'll subscribe and make it work for you.

Cheers,

Lawrence

> >The other list is the new MetaLab list started by Lawrence London whose
> >posts have appeared here.
> >
> >To subscribe to that list send an e-mail to lyris AT franklin.oit.unc.edu with
> >subscribe csa your_name in either the subject or message body, OR go to the
> >website at
> >http://franklin.oit.unc.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=csa.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu