machinist - [machinist] lathe lifting strap source

machinist@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Machinist

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: machinist@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [machinist] lathe lifting strap source
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 02:33:50 -0400

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/lathe-lifting-strap-source-274093

  1. Any hardware supplier serving the rigging and steelworking industries will have a large array of straps, chains and special lifting devices, pulleys, etc. etc, tested and tagged certified.
    I bought different sized straps and special chain assemblies intended for steelworkers from a large hardware store near me to lift and move a lot of (under two tons) woodworking and machine shop equipment into and around my shop using a rolling chain hoist on an I beam in the entryway.

    There are probably a bunch of sling suppliers in CA. McMaster has a bunch, but here's the best "catalog" out there
    Lifting Slings, Rigging Slings, Crane Slings, Cargo Lift Slings/Straps
    JR

    Look up a White Cap construction supply, they are very well stocked.

  • [machinist] lathe lifting strap source, Lawrence London, 10/26/2013