lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] get_posts search bug

  • From: Juan Arias <juanito_budapest AT yahoo.es>
  • To: Lyceum <lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] get_posts search bug
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:45:40 +0100

The line at 427 on lib/wp-includes/classes.php says : "$search = ' AND ( ' ;"

With that line uncommented,i got sql errors (database error 1064 ) if i try to search  things like  spanish 'ñ' ,
_javascript_´s '<script>alert('hola')</script>' and sometimes after my second search overrides the first....
The segment of the query which causes the error is this " at_ID) WHERE 1=1 AND ( AND (po ",
caused by the line at 427 and the search not returning results.

Anyone else noticed?

If i comment that line the thing stops crashing, BUT ( and that´s a big BUT ) the query is completely ignored in that special cases.
Maybe it´s esy as hell to repair, but due to my limited knowledge on SQL, i can´t find a solution....

To give a situational example, im trying to find all my posts that contain a 'ñ', and it returns all of them ...when none of them contains that letter.

  • [Lyceum-users] get_posts search bug, Juan Arias, 01/12/2007