livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] this so appliers to food production in many ways

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: herb farmer <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] this so appliers to food production in many ways
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 15:55:46 -0600

absolutely. the only thing undermining fossil fuels' power now is the lower cost of wind & solar.

On 9/3/2016 2:40 PM, dhondt wrote:
What controlled burning of huge areas of land has to do with helping the climate is beyond me. I see it happening every year in Ireland and the very soil is getting thinner and thinner every year. Essential nutrients are going up in smoke. And the huge migrations of grazers is no more so loosing minerals means they are probably lost forever.

We are part of nature. Waging war on nature is like sawing through the branch you are sitting on.

Of course we need to push alternative energy. One big way would be for governments to stop subsidizing the oil companies for $$ millions per day to ensure their ever bigger profits. They should instead tax those profits.

John