livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] 7 Billion People By October: How Are We Going to Feed Ourselves?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] 7 Billion People By October: How Are We Going to Feed Ourselves?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:56:47 +0100

Please let's be serious. Some 30 years ago we calculated that the max number of us this planet could carry sustainably was below half a billion. We have now reached peak oil, peak water, peak food, peak soil in fact peak everything and the result of us reaching 7 billion is that we are in the middle of the sixth big extinction, with the oceans becoming plastic carrying dead zones and radioactive contamination global wide. Imo our society is already in freefall. It is mostly arriving at the bottom that hurts. After that there will never again be a need to feed 7 billion.
john

7 Billion People By October: How Are We Going to Feed Ourselves?

"it takes 16 pounds of grain to produce a pound of beef as well as 2,500 gallons of water" " http://tinyurl.com/3tp8us8