livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Former inspector lifts lid on the murky world oforganic food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Former inspector lifts lid on the murky world oforganic food
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:39:23 -0600

You're right, it does happen. Let me stress the beef is with certification,
not with organic growing. I agree there are those who follow the rules, but
how do we know which ones they are? Large or small there is just no guarantee
of no chemicals used; the temptation is always there to take the easy way &
spray for bugs or weeds to avoid losing part of a crop you've invested in.
I'm one of those who really believe in organics & I use only natural inputs,
no chemicals at any time. It means better taste & stronger plants. Customers
don't have to believe me; I understand only too well. And I still get premium
prices for higher quality produce without certification.